Style: Mission Revival
Deming Railroad Depot
The Deming Railroad Depot survives, having been moved from its original location to a new site in 2004 across from Deming's Pit Park. The wooden structure is a rare survivor of the earliest railroad era in New Mexico, before railroad companies built more substantial brick and stucco buildings. The station originally served two lines, the Santa Fe and the Southern Pacific. In 1881, a golden spike was staked in Deming to celebrate the joining of the two great lines. Originally a larger structure with a Harvey House hotel, the existing structure was rehabilitated for community use after many years of planning and relocation of the building away from a hazardous site between active tracks.
Deming Pit Park, 300 N. Country Club Rd. | Deming, NM 88030