Historic Theaters & Drive-Ins
Style: Mid-Century Modern
Image from Mew Mexico MainStreet
courtesy Farmington Main Street
The Allen Theater was built on the site of the former Allen Opera House that was destroyed by fire in 1922. The first talkies were played at the Allen Theater in 1937 and the first concession stand was installed in 1947. The two story building was a cream color with decorative blocks running down the front. The distinctive marquee blazed with neon lighting. The Allen closed in the 1970s when the Allen Theaters chain expanded into multi-screen complexes.
208 W. Main St. | Farmington, NM 87401